FOR PLANNING PURPOSES: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
MEDIA CONTACT: [email protected] 916-214-9266 (cell)
California Census Campaign Hosts Live Events on May 5
SACRAMENTO – On Tuesday, May 5, the California Census Campaign will be hosting two livestreams on Instagram and Facebook about the importance of filling out the Census, with a focus on Latinx participation.
AT 11 a.m. on @CACensus Instagram:
- Christian Arana, The Latino Community Foundation: https://www.instagram.com/latinocommfdn/
- Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA): https://www.instagram.com/chirla_org/
WHEN: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 11 a.m.
WHERE: @CACensus Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cacensus
AT 1 p.m. on @CACensus Facebook:
- Secretary of State and California Complete Count Committee Chair Alex Padilla: https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaSOS
- Dayana Contreras, California Census Ambassador, https://www.facebook.com/dayana.jiselle
- Ely Flores, National Association of Latino Elected Officials (NALEO): https://www.facebook.com/naleo.org
- Pablo Rodriguez, Communities for a New California: https://www.facebook.com/cncedfund
- Genevieve Flores-Haro, Mixteco/Indigena Community Organizing Project (MICOP): https://www.facebook.com/MICOP805
WHEN: Tuesday, May 5 at 1 p.m.
WHERE: @CaliforniaCensus Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaCensus
The California Complete Count – Census 2020 Office
Once each decade, the U.S. Census Bureau attempts to count every person in the United States. California leaders have invested $187.2 million toward a statewide outreach and communication campaign. For more information, please go to https://californiacensus.org/.
DATA: To see data on self-response rates and hard-to-count information for cities, counties, congressional and legislative districts, please visit: https://cacensusreporter.azurewebsites.net/responses.html